The Dan River Autism Awareness 5k is a run/walk event to increase awareness about autism; to show support for individuals with autism and their families; and to raise money for The Autism Education Fund.
Below is a list of ways that you can support the Dan River Autism Awareness 5k:
5. Make a monetary contribution
Whether or not you are able to participate by registering to walk or run, you can make a monetary contribution to support our fundraising efforts. Any amount is appreciated! You can designate your contribution as going toward a particular team or participant.
- Register online as a supporter. Go to our online registration page, choose “Supporter”and make your desired contribution amount using a credit card. Make an online contribution here.
- Mail a donation. Mail a check payable to the Dan River Autism Awareness 5k to Dan River Autism Awareness 5k, 242 NorDan Drive, Danville, VA 24540. If you would like the donation to be made on behalf of a specific individual or team, include a note indicating the name of the individual or team or complete this donation form.
- Contribute to a fundraising team. If you do not want to register as a supporter, you can still make a contribution to the fundraising efforts of any of our teams or walkers. View a list of fundraising teams here.
- Make a direct donation to The Autism Education Fund. Find out how here.
6. Make a non-monetary contribution
Whether or not you are able to participate by registering to walk or run, you can make a non-monetary contribution. We greatly appreciate non-monetary contributions, such as:
- Water and other refreshments to provide to participants on event day
- Gift certificates or goods to give as prizes as we promote our event
- Gift certificates or goods to include in our silent auction on event day
- Advertising credits to help us promote our event
- Photography services to capture the fun on event day
- Anything else you think may help support the cause!
To make a non-monetary contribution, email email@example.com.
Note: Contributions to the Dan River Autism Awareness 5k are not tax deductible. This is because we are organized as a community group, not as a non-profit corporation. Read more about our organization.