Wednesday, April 2 is World Autism Awareness Day. The goal of World Autism Awareness Day is to bring attention to autism and to encourage early diagnosis and early intervention. The day also gives a voice to the millions of individuals who are affected by autism.
- Turn on a blue light at your home or work to on the eve of World Autism Awareness Day. Blue bulbs can be purchased at CPT Danville, Martinsville and South Boston. Learn more about Lighting It Up Blue here: http://danriverautism5k.
org/lets-turn-the-dan-river- region-blue-for-autism- awareness/
- Wear blue on Wednesday, April 2
- Encourage your coworkers, students, family and friends to wear blue
- Take a picture of how you’re “lighting it up blue” and post to the 5k’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.
- Email your photo to me, Emily, at firstname.lastname@example.org
to post on Facebook
- Instagram your photo and use the hashtags #autismawarenessday #drautism5k #lightitupblue
- Follow us on Instagram: http://instagram.