My name is Moustafa Ahmed Nassar or most commonly known as “Moose.” I’m excited to be one of the co-directors for the 2015 Dan River Autism Awareness 5k. My main duties are to be the point of contact of our student captains and to publicize the event through online and traditional media.
I am currently an Averett University junior majoring in communications and minoring in psychology. I have always had a love for non-profits without even knowing it! Most marketing or communication projects I have done, have been for non-profit based organizations. In 2014, I was one of the public relations coordinators focused on spreading awareness about the new local Danville Family YMCA. You can still catch me at the front desk in the new building. Since then, I have volunteered on little projects for my Averett family, keeping the Cougar spirit alive. For example, I was one of the leading coordinators for the “Revitalize the Greenhouse” project, where I found different companies and organizations to help with funding our local FFA clubs to redesign the Averett University greenhouse.
With the ever-growing popularity of the Dan River Autism Awareness 5k and my previous knowledge on media relations towards non-profits, I am ready to help make this 5k run the best one yet!
I am your point of contact if…
- You are a college student looking to start a team
- Your business would like to become an event sponsor
- You have questions about registration
- You would like to advertise on our blog
My contact information:
You also catch me at the 5k headquarters during my office hours:
- Mondays, 1pm-5pm
- Thursdays, 8:30am-12:30pm
Latest posts by Moustafa "Moose" Ahmed Nassar (see all)
- Farwell, but not for long! - May 4, 2015
- Dan River Region Pilot Club sponsoring the 2015 Autism Awareness 5k! - March 30, 2015
- Centra Autism Program sponsoring the 2015 Autism Awareness 5k! - March 27, 2015